Monday, September 24, 2012

OPI Ink Suede

Hi loves!

I hope everyone's Monday was good!  It's cold and rainy here, and has been since Thursday, boo.

I've had so many nail fails lately that I finally decided to just keep it simple and let the polish do the talking.  I've had OPI Ink Suede in my stash for a little while now but never really used it.  I'm not completely in love with the suede or matte looks but I DO really, really like this one!



The reason I decided to use it this time around is due to it's fast dry time.  After having an epic nail fail and having to strip my nails down, plus it getting fairly late.. I was getting pretty sick of painting my nails.  So I pulled this out, plus I had OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest sitting on the desk so used that on my accent nails.


I stamped the flowers using Essie's No Place Like Chrome and BM-318.  I added a quick drying top coat then once that was dry I mattified it using one coat of Joe Fresh Matte top coat.  I'm digging these, I've never sported matte nails before!

Have you sported a matte manicure before?  What did you think?

Thanks for reading!!
xo

10 comments:

  1. These nails are so cute! What a great turn out for a late night, quick mani! With each one of your posts I get closer and closer to buying a stamping kit :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to pick up a stamping kit.. it's so much fun and can transform a manicure entirely! Let me know if you do :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great pair of denim jeans! I haven't tried the matte look yet even though I got a matte topcoat last year!! This is really pretty with the stamping too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It really does look like jeans! My matte top coat had been sitting there for a really long time too.. I just can't let go of the shine :P

      Delete
  3. I love this, Julie! I only have one suede polish, but I do want to get another. This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Traci! I recently spotted You Don't Know Jacques Suede and passed up on it. Now I'm kind of kicking myself in the butt!

      Delete
  4. This is so gorgeous, I love it! I don't have any matte polishes or anything similar. I'm really interested in getting one.. or a few.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I've never tried matte polishes before but this post made me very interested

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm like you, I don't care much for mattes but when I put this polish on I fell in love!!! Something so different and luxurious about it... I love, love the stamping, and overall look!!! Great job, Julie!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! I love matte polishes and I absolutely love your accent nail! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)