Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fall Sweater

Hi all!

I hope you are all having a fab weekend! 

Essie Canada is having a Facebook/Instagram contest again, and I entered these nails to try and win their upcoming Winter collection (which I can't find any info on yet!).  Contest closes October 4th so if you either want to enter or vote (please & thank you!), you still have plenty of time - there are 30 winners so odds are pretty good if you do decide to enter!



For this mani I used Essie's 2011 Fall collection polishes and a tutorial written by Kelsie at Kelsie's Nail Files (check out her blog, she's great).  I used Case Study (beige), Carry On (burgundy) and Very Structure (rust), then using a white striping polish I added the lines.  This was probably the trickiest part - trying to get the lines straight and uniform in size!


I had a heck of a time doing this mani.  Halifax in incredibly humid right now and things just weren't drying fast enough :P  But in the end I think it turned out quite well, I really love this pattern!

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is impressive! You've done this so well and the colours work perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! The perfectionist in me isn't 100% happy with the lines but I think for my first try it turned out well :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh!! :) I love that you found my tutorial helpful & that you are from Hali! You did an awesome job on this manicure I will be voting for you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your tutorial was awesome! Thanks for the tutorial and thanks for the vote, yay!

      Delete
  3. I love the colours . I think it really suits your blog name too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. This is so cute!!! This turned out great!!! It totally reminds me of a sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne! I want a sweater that looks just like this!

      Delete
    2. If you find a sweater like this, post it with your matching nails!

      Delete
  5. Wow I love this design! I really want a sweater with those colors! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has fall written all over it! I love the colors and the pattern. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw good luck! This looks awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ive liked it and ive tried sharing it too but i dont kno if that bit worked! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh you are awesome, thanks so much Catrine!

      Delete
  9. Love love love! May have to give this a go myself!
    X

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)