Friday, September 7, 2012

Ikat Nails

Hi everyone!

As the title suggests, I have some ikat nails to show you today.  I first seen these on instagram, and one of my favourite nail girls on there (@lafemmelulu) did this amazing ikat mani, and posted a quick tutorial on how to do these.  In my opinion hers are much, much better but for my first try at these I don't think they were so bad.


I started off with a really nice neutral shade of (what I think is) Color Club Earthy Angel.  I love these shades of polish.  I just find them comforting.  I randomly added some red blobs in China Glaze - Hey Sailor, and added OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls in the centre of the red.  Then using a black striping polish I randomly added little black wisps around the red polish to complete the look.



I don't know what ikats are, but I like the print!  And so do many other bloggers because I've seen this popping up a lot this week.

What do you all think of the ikat pattern?

Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally have no idea what an ikat is, either, but I, too, really like the print! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it could have turned out a bit better, but I liked these regardless. Thank you :D

      Delete
  2. Love it Julie! Ikat is growing on me! I didn't like it at first, but with the right colour combinations, like yours, it looks really cool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do struggle with the fact that they're MEANT to be a bit messy, but overall I do like the pattern :)

      Delete
  3. How fun! Yours turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)