Sunday, November 25, 2012

Snow Day

Hey loves!

Alright, so I fibbed a bit and it's not a *real* snow day.  But it sure looks like one on my nails!  I'm sure by now you've all heard of the nail art contest that is being hosted by Nail Polish Canada.  It's a three-week challenge consisting of one mani a week, and anyone can join!  The prizes are fabulous :)

This weeks theme was snow.  It took a while for me to come up with what I wanted to do, and even as I sat down last night to do these (procrastination at it's best!), I still didn't really know what look I was going for. But I gathered several bottles of polish and went for it, and I'm super pleased with the outcome!


~~~~
 

I went with something you would see on a typical snow day.  A snowman, a common sight after any kind of snowfall, snow building up on a window sill (or maybe just a snow squall, I kept my middle finger simple), and beautiful snow covered trees.. one of my favourite things about a big dumping of fluffy snow!

Here's where I ask a HUGE favour and ask for you all to throw a vote my way by clicking here and voting for my mani (or any other mani you like, there are wonderful entries!)

Thanks in advance!

20 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous and so well designed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love absolutely everything about this design! Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing! I love all the little details in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I really took my time with this one :)

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! I love love love the snowflake nail, and the other are so detailed, amazing job. Off to vote for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks for your vote! And for the lovely comment :D

      Delete
  5. Wow, Julie, this looks so good! They're amazing and perfect together, but I especially love the snowflake and snowdrift. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ee thank you!! That snowflake stamp is so fun!

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is fabulous! I love the little evergreen on your pinkie. This is just lovely and makes me want to throw on a scarf and drink hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I absolutely love snowy days and getting cozied up:)

      Delete
  7. Such a pretty mani, super cute & it looks like a magic wonderland! Good luck with the future weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely looks like a magic wonderland, I LOVE when everything is snow covered! Thank you :)

      Delete
  8. This is so amazing and cute! I'm loving seeing Winter designs, they're all so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see what kind of wintery design you come up with for your nails! I bet it'll be amazing :) Thanks Christa!

      Delete
  9. OMG, this is so amazing! I love the branches with the snow. Your nails make me feel so cozy inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow covered trees are my absolute favourite :D I miss real winters like we have back in Ontario. Halifax winters are cold, and cold for nothing because we hardly get snow. Boooo.

      Delete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)