Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Lights

Hi loves!

One of my favourite things about Christmas is seeing decorated homes.  I remember being little and driving around everywhere with my parents just admiring homes that were completely lit up.. This hasn't happened in years, but last night C and I took a little stroll around our neighbourhood and checked out all of the nicely lit up decorations.  It was so nice :)

I mention this because we did this while I was sporting a Christmas lights mani!


~~~


I've been wanting to do a Christmas lights mani since last year!  I'm so happy that I finally got to try this out.  The base is China Glaze Angel Wings, which is so, so beautiful on it's own.  My pictures definitely don't do the sparkly holo any justice!


Then using a black striper polish I drew on the strings, then using Essie Snap Happy (red), Color Club Not Just For Kelly (green), Dress for the Parade (yellow), Boys Wear Blue (blue) & Express Yourself (purple) (all from the pride collection)  and a small nail art brush I painted on the light bulbs.  

This was so fun, I really enjoyed wearing it for a few days :)

What's your favourite thing about the holidays?  Share away :D

7 comments:

  1. I love driving around and looking at Christmas lights as well, especially in the really rich areas of town!

    Beautifully done design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nails look fantastic :D This christmassy time is really mood-lifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mani! And I love driving around looking at christmas lights - I still do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just love Angel Wings as the base for this mani! It's so so pretty and sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so cute! My kids and I are always on the lookout for Christmas lights :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous!!! :D I wish electricity wasn't so expensive these days, as that has certainly declined the amount of beautiful decorations around my home. I want to get some LED lights, but goodness those are expensive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I love seeing decorated homes too! They're so pretty to look at :)
    Love your lights mani! So lovely :D

    ReplyDelete

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)