Sunday, November 3, 2013

Water Decal Review - KKCenterHK

Happy Sunday!  I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend :)

I have another review today brought to you by KKCenterHK.  I don't know what it is but I've been finding myself going ga-ga over peacock themed things.  Feathers, the colours, the clothes.. everything!  Maybe because they're jewel tones and I'm instantly drawn to those.. who knows.

But when I saw THESE water decals I knew they were coming home to me :)

For these decals you get a little sheet with 4 rows of masquerade masks and 4 rows of peacock feathers.  Enough to last you a little while if you choose to use them strictly for accent nails.  

You cut out the bit you want placed on your nail, soak it in water for about 30 seconds then carefully peel off the decal using tweezers.  I then dip my nail in the water before placing the decal as I find it helps a little bit with the placement - you can slide it around a little bit more.  Once it's place I dab off the extra water on a piece of tissue, wait for it to dry completely then finish it off with top coat!
 

They are super easy to use!  I thought they'd be delicate and that my tweezers might damage them but that wasn't the case at all. 

I chose to leave them plain here over a base of Color Club Antiquated but you can easily dress them up using a small brush and some polish.


My pinky has two glorious coats of OPI Alcatraz.. Rocks, which is probably my favourite textured polish, ever!

 For my index and middle finger I started with a base of Color Club Perfect Molten, then sponged on from tip to base Color Club Cold Metal, Color Club Lumin-icecent, Color Club Hot Like Lava and Perfectly Molten.  I had never done a gradient using anything other than creme polishes, but I really loved the look of this! 

What do you all think?

These decals retail for $2.54USD but you can take 10% off your order by using code "ofknitandnails" at checkout.

Decals provided for honest review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)