Thursday, October 31, 2013

Distressed Grungy Nails

Hi all,

Happy Halloween!

I'm sad I didn't do more than one Halloween mani but I just couldn't bring myself to doing anything.  I find I have a hard time following 'themes' when it comes to painting my nails haha.  Probably why I suck at doing challenges, too.

So these nails were inspired by THIS mani done by Sarah over at Chalkboard Nails.


This was done by painting my base coat in OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh, then I used the distressed method to paint on OPI Fly, OPI Did It on Em, Color Club Miss Robinson and OPI Black Onyx. 

To acheive this look all you have to do is wipe your polish brush on the neck of the bottle until almost all the polish has been wiped off, then swipe the almost dry brush over the nail.


What you're left with is this really cool 'melty' effect on the nail!  Finishing off with the black made the other colours pop so I would say that black is a must in this case :)

Also - fist pictures in my new DIY lightbox.  I have to play with the settings a little bit more to make the colours pop but so far so good.  No more chasing day light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every single one of your comments, and LOVE receiving them. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I try to reply to all comments left on my blog :)